Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Warning: Travel Can Be Dangerous

I have been in absentia for the last few days as I have been chilling on the beach in Cancun enjoying a weekend of all-inclusive bliss.  On Sunday, I woke up under the weather, but fought through it. Today, I have the Strep. It was worth it. That being said, that allows me to spend my contagious stage on the couch researching for my next voyage: Key West. 

I've been to Key West before during a short 6 hours on a cruise stop.  We joined a bar crawl and popped around the little city one drink at time.  My friend and I even woke up early enough to walk to the Southern Most Point and snap a photo. That being said, I doubt I was there long enough to see real Key West. So, I have been researching to figure out how to spend my 48 hours on the Florida Keys.  During my digital travels, I came across the most amazing website: TV Food Maps.  Just type in the location that you will be visiting and this website lists all of the restaurants/bars/delis/bakeries etc. that have been on any of the food travel shows. They also have an App for Android and iPhone, which would make it easy to find a restaurant in any city in which you plan on staying (or even one you drive through for that matter).

So, enjoy that great travel find (saves SOOOO much time researching). 

On that note, here are today's great deals:

Bookit.com has some great deals to Los Angeles from Boston. As low as $479 per person for a 4-night stay with flight and hotel. Also, a few Wednesdays in June and July you can head to Dallas from Boston for $168. 

Also, on Bookit.com great deals from Philly, Boston, New York on Disney. The summer is a crazy time to head there, but they are offering 5 night packages to Disney with Tickets included for about $700 each person including hotel, air and Disney tickets for all 6 days. It sounds expensive, but the resort is 10 minute walk to downtown Disney and includes breakfast everyday.  

On Gate1Travel.com (you have to subscribe to see the details if you are seriously interested) is promoting a $759 11 day trip to New Orleans.  3 nights in NOLA and 7 nights on The Navigator of the Seas cruise ship with stops in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Falmouth.  There are cheap flights to NOLA out of lots of airports.  Check Southwest.com.  They are literally almost the only major airline that is not included in Fly.com, Kayak, etc. so it pays to check their rates too.




No comments:

Post a Comment